- a management practice that provides for governance of a business’s process environment toward the goal of
- improving agility and
- operational performance.
- BPM is a structured approach employing methods, policies, metrics, management practices and
- software tools to manage and continuously optimize an organization’s activities and processes.”
Business Process Management (BPM) – a holistic systematic approach to achieving optimized business outcomes.
One straightforward way of looking at BPM is to think of 10 W’s associated with a business: What, Why, Where, When, Who, Way, With, Watch, Worry, and Wealth.
- WHAT is done,
- WHY, WHERE and WHEN it is done,
- WHO does it, the
- WAY it is done, and
- WITH what resources, all while keeping a
- WATCH on performance, identifying what to
- WORRY about and how to mitigate those worries, a range of methods and tools can be applied to achieve the best results with the least cost and achieving the most